Lightyear One is charged by solar power. This unique quality allows it to drive for months without charging. The battery ensures that you can drive anytime, even at night. No need for charging points, the Lightyear One will take you anywhere. Charge using the sun, or any power plug. The Lightyear One has four independent driven wheels, making you road-ready. The Lightyear One’s optimized aerodynamics and lightweight greatly improve its range. Depending on your battery configuration you will have a range of 400 or 800 km.
The new car brand is a product of Atlas Technologies which is a spin-out of Solar Team Eindhoven. Atlas says they will produce 10 cars in 2019 and 100 by the year 2020.
- Make: Chevrolet
- Model: Lightyear One
- First available: September 2019
- Electric/Hybrid: Electric
- Seats: 5
- Range: 222 miles 800 km
- Price: $135,000
- Battery model: Lithium-ion
- Battery capacity: TBC
- Battery Power: 30 kWh or 60 kWh
- Battery Range: 400 or 800 km
- Electric drive unit: 4 Wheel Direct Drive
- Type of charger: Daylight (solar) charging Summer day 15 km/hr
- Fast charge time: 75 kW 850 km/hr
- Full charge time: 30 to 45 minutes of standing still or driving at low speeds.